Intercom Setup Guide
Intercom is an integrated customer communication suite with tools for live chat, marketing, feedback, and support. If you already collect customer data through Segment (a simplified customer data tracking API with pre-built integrations for hundreds of tools) you can easily enrich users in Intercom using Clearbit's Segment integration.
- Send finely-targeted on-boarding messages: use Clearbit's data to uniquely onboard customers by location, company size, or job role
- Empower your support team: save hours of research and make support interactions more personal with Clearbit's enriched user profiles
- Supercharge your A/B testing: test subject line and content variations based on Clearbit's comprehensive user attributes
Important: before you can start pushing Clearbit data into Intercom you'll need to integrate Clearbit with Segment by following the steps in the Segment Setup Guide.
- Make sure the Intercom integration is set up properly in Segment
Follow the steps in Segment's Intercom Integration guide and make sure Intercom is Enabled in the Integrations section of your Segment dashboard.
- Verify that Clearbit data is populating in Intercom
Assuming you've set everything up correctly, you should see enriched Clearbit data in the Details section of each enriched User record in Intercom. All Clearbit-supplied details will be prefixed with clearbit_.
Questions? Comments? Bugs?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org