How do I map Clearbit data to leads, contacts or account layouts?
Clearbit data is stored as custom object records. In order to surface that data, say in a lead list view, you need to make a custom formula. In this tutorial, we’re going to take you through an example of surfacing up a lead's Alexa ranking in the list view. This will enable you to add custom fields with Clearbit data to layout pages, view the field at a high level without having to click through to a lead, and even sort by leads with highest employee count, Alexa rank, etc..
First we need to create a custom formula linked to our Clearbit data field. Follow the steps below:
- Browse to Setup -> Customize -> Leads -> Fields. If you're using Lightning you'll find this under Setup Home -> Objects and Fields -> Object Manager -> Lead -> Fields and Relationships.
Lead Custom Fields(Fields and Relationships in Lightning) click
- For the field type, select
- Enter the field’s name. In this case it’s going to be
- Since the Alexa number is an integer, select
Numberas the Formula Return Type. Click
Insert Fieldunder the Advanced Formula tab. Navigate to
Lead -> Clearbit -> Company Alexa Global Ranking. Click
- Use the radio buttons at the bottom of the page to select if you want to treat blanks as zeroes or blanks. In most cases, we suggest treating them as blanks.
Nextuntil the setup flow is finished - the default options should be fine. Click
Now we have our custom field, let’s go ahead and add it to the default lead list view.
- Browse to
Editto edit the list view
- Scroll down to
Select Fields to Display. Select
Available Fieldsand click
Addto add the field to
- Save the list view. You should now see a new column by each lead indicating its Alexa ranking.